In addition, it can also be used to reduce an elevated risk of heart disease. In addition, a standard low-cholesterol diet is appropriate during treatment.
What to know before taking Atorvastatin
As with any medication, the AEMPS also lists a series of contraindications before consuming Atorvastatin in different circumstances and situations. These are some of them:
- In case of being allergic to Atorvastatin or any other medicine of use similar.
- If you are allergic to any of the components found in this medicine.
- In case of having or having had unjustified abnormal results in blood tests of liver function.
- If you are a woman of childbearing age and do not use adequate contraceptive measures.
- In case of being pregnant, trying to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Finally, if you use the combination of glecaprevir / pibrentasvir to treat hepatitis C.
On the other hand, like any medicine, Atorvastatin can also cause adverse effects, although not all people have to develop it.
As, from the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products (AEMPS) they collect some rare side effects (affects 1 in 1. 000 people) that can occur with the ingestion of this medication:
- Allergic reaction, causing swelling of the face, tongue and throat.
- Serious illness with severe scaling and inflammation of the skin, blisters on the skin, mouth, genitals, eyes and, and fever.
- Skin rashes with colored spots may also appear pink-red, especially on the palms op soles of the feet that may blister.
- Muscle weakness.
- General malaise.
- High fever
Thus, from the AEMPS they explain that abnormal muscle breakdown does not always disappear, even after having stopped taking atorvastatin , and can be life threatening and cause kidney problems.
On the other hand, some common side effects are specified in the package insert 10 also highlights inflammation of nasal passages, sore throat or nosebleeds.
Similarly, there may also be an increase in blood glucose and creatine kinase levels. For this reason, people with diabetes should increase their sugar levels in these situations with.
Finally, among the frequent adverse effects we also find headache, nausea, constipation, gas , indigestion, diarrhea, joint pain in, muscle pain and back pain in.