Global Biologics Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) Market – Growth, Trends, And Forecast (2021 – 2026)
The report presents an in-depth assessment of the Global Biologics Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) Market including enabling technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, standardization, regulatory landscape, deployment models, operator case studies, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents forecasts for Global Biologics Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) investments from 2021 till 2026.
The global biologics CDMO market (henceforth, referred to as the market studied) was valued at USD 9.93 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 18.90 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 11.2% during 2021-2026
Click the link to get a Sample Copy of the Report:
The Global Biologics Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) market is highly competitive and consists of a number of major players. Companies, like Boehringer Ingelheim Group, Wuxi Biologics, Samsung Biologics, Lonza Group, Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies USA Inc., Toyobo Co. Limited, Parexel International Corporation, PRA Health Sciences, Binex Co. Limited, JRS Pharma, Rentschler Biotechnologies, AGC Biologics, Sandoz Biopharmaceuticals, Catalent Inc., AbbVie Contract Manufacturing among others.
Scope of the Report
– The global pharmaceutical industry is growing at an exponential rate and is expected to reach USD 1.52 trillion in annual sales by 2023, which is driven by global economic growth, a growing and aging population, and new product launches. Even though small molecules continue to command the prominent share of the market, large molecules, such as biologics, biosimilars, and cell and gene therapies, are expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period.
– Even though volumes in large molecules tend to be smaller, the segment is growing at a faster pace. Absolute growth in the large molecules market, including both originator biologics, biosimilars, and cell and gene therapies, is projected at USD 133 billion by 2023. The market size for originator biologics is expected to reach USD 371 billion by 2023, according to Results Healthcare.
– Cancer therapies are among the primary drivers for a large proportion of the growth in the biologics market. Even with the faster growth forecast, in terms of drug approvals, small molecules outweigh biologics. For instance, in 2018, the FDA approved 42 new small molecule products, whereas biologics approval amounted to just 17. However, the number of biologic approvals has been increasing steadily over the past few years.
– The CMO/CDMO service sector is uniquely positioned to address some of the challenges that drug developers are facing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. This pandemic has impacted multiple aspects of the biopharma industry, from drug development, clinical trials, supplies, manufacturing, to supply chain logistics. However, the drug shortages due to COVID-19 are limited, and they are expected to remain so for short-term, due to stockpiles of pharmaceuticals, APIs, globally. Among the issues being faced across the supply chains, China and India have been impacted the most due to being the largest global producers of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and generics.
– Since lockdowns were imposed, supply from Chinese manufacturing facilities were significantly reduced. The major extent has been a number of typical workforce who were unable to return to work, which led to underutilized efficiency across multiple levels in the industry. Furthermore, short-term scarcities were announced by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) back in February 2020, due to API manufacturing delays.
Latest news and developments:
– Aug 2020 – The Lonza Group AG announced to collaborate with IsoPlexis to Enable the Next Generation of Precision Cell Therapy Manufacturing. The company plan utilize IsoPlexis IsoLight automated proteomics platform, to scale the manufacturing of cell therapies
– July 2020 – Boehringer Ingelheim, has acquired Global Stem cell Technology (GST), a Belgian veterinary biotech company. GST is dedicated to the research, development, and production of evidence-based, regenerative medicines (stem cell therapies) used to treat orthopedic and metabolic diseases in animals.
– May 2020 – WuXi Biologics and the Worcester Business Development Corporation (WBDC) announced the successful signing of a land deal for WuXi Biologics clinical and commercial manufacturing facility (MFG11) in Worcester at The Reactory, a 46-acre master-planned biomanufacturing campus.
Inquire for Discount:
Key Market Trends:
Biologics to Drive the Market
– Monoclonal antibodies or synthetic versions of the antibody have been representative of most successful therapeutic drug classes and attract huge investment for the biologics industry. The use of monoclonal antibodies to treat diseases is called immunotherapy therapy because each type of monoclonal antibody will target a specifically targeted antigen in the body.
– Mammalian cells are traditionally used for monoclonal antibody production, however, plant-based expression systems have been gaining share sue to significant advantages. The advancements in plant glycoengineering have allowed the production of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) with more homogenous human-like glycans. iBio’s proprietary plant-based technology instead of CHO or other mammalian cell technologies led the development of monoclonal antibody vectors free of any viral transforming functions or contamination from parental lines.
– Recombinant biologics are being developed by a process wherein a genetic code for a specific therapeutic protein is inserted into an expression vector’s DNA. The inserted DNA codes leads to recombinant protein being produced through replication in living host cells. Since the first recombinant therapeutic antibody (OKT3) in 1986, biologics products became a larger pharmaceutical industry percentage.
– Since biologics have been dominating the human drug development because of their long-lasting effects and ability to precisely address the molecular causes of disease, only one recombinant protein drug, an antibody, is available for veterinary use in the U.S. or EU.
– Likewise, in February 2020, Invetx, invested USD 15 million Series A financing and undertook collaborations with WuXi Biologics and AbCellera. This is expected to drive clinical entry of a first therapeutic candidate and preclinical development of Invetx’s broader pipeline of protein-based therapeutics for Animal Biopharmaceutical Development.
Browse the Full report description and TOC at:
The key insights of the Biologics Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) Market report:
- The report provides key statistics on the market status of the Biologics Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) market manufacturers and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals interested in the industry.
- The report provides a basic overview of the industry including its definition, applications and manufacturing technology.
- The Biologics Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) market report presents the company profile, product specifications, capacity, production value, and 2016-2021 market shares for key vendors.
- The total market is further divided by company, by country, and by application/type for the competitive landscape analysis.
- The report estimates 2021-2026 market development trends of Biologics Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) Market.
- Analysis of upstream raw materials, downstream demand and current market dynamics is also carried out
- The report makes some important proposals for a new project of Biologics Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) Industry before evaluating its feasibility.
Finally, Biologics Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) Market report is the believable source for gaining the market research that will exponentially accelerate your business. The report gives the principle locale, economic situations with the item value, benefit, limit, generation, supply, request and market development rate and figure and so on. Biologics Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) industry report additionally Present new task SWOT examination, speculation attainability investigation, and venture return investigation.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– Report customization as per the client’s requirements
– 3 months of analyst support
How we have factored the effect of Covid-19 in our report:
All the reports that we list have been tracking the impact of COVID-19. Both upstream and downstream of the entire supply chain has been accounted for while doing this. Also, where possible, we will provide an additional COVID-19 update supplement/report to the report in Q3, please check for with the sales team.
MarketInsightsReports provides syndicated market research on industry verticals including Healthcare, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Technology and Media, Chemicals, Materials, Energy, Heavy Industry, etc. MarketInsightsReports provides Global and regional market intelligence coverage, a 360-degree market view which includes statistical forecasts, competitive landscape, detailed segmentation, key trends, and strategic recommendations.
Media Contact Us:
Irfan Tamboli (Head of Sales) – Market Insights Reports
Phone: + 1704 266 3234 | +91-750-707-8687