Chinese Gaming Industry – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
The “Chinese Gaming Industry Market” report offers qualitative and quantitative insights and a detailed analysis of market size & growth rate for all possible segments in the market. The Global Chinese Gaming Industry Industry presents a market overview, product details, classification, and market concentration. The report also provides an in-depth survey of key players in the market which is based on various competitive intelligence parameters like company profiles, product picture and specification, capacity, production, price, cost, revenue, and contact information. The Chinese Gaming Industry Market report provides an in-depth study of SWOT analysis i.e. Strength, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threat to the organization. Market Insights Report analysed the impact of COVID-19 (Corona Virus) on the product industry chain based on the upstream and downstream markets, on various regions and major countries and on the future development of the industry are pointed out.
The Chinese gaming market is expected to register a 14% CAGR during the forecast period 2021 – 2026.
China is one of the most lucrative markets for the gaming industry. Several international companies are entering the market, either by acquiring shares in Chinese gaming vendors or by sponsoring professional players’ teams. One of the primary reasons resulting in the growth of the gaming industry in China is the rapidly rising popularity of eSports, a competitive part of the gaming industry, where various players participate in gaming competitions while the entire game tournament is broadcasted online.
Request Sample Report of Chinese Gaming Industry Market:
– June 2020 – Tencent paid USD 260 million for a majority stake in Bohemia Interactive, a Czech-based games designer behind the “ArmA” and “DayZ” games series. This caters towards its expansion in the gaming environment.
– April 2019 – Nintendo entered into a new strategic deal with Tencent, which will allow the Nintendo Switch to be launched into mainland China where both companies will need to submit each of their game for approval in the country and ensure the games comply with the content regulations. The partnerships are aimed to focus on optimizing future projects, including Qualcomm Snapdragon-based mobile gaming devices, Snapdragon elite gaming enhancements, game content and performance optimizations, cloud gaming, AR/VR gaming, 5G gaming, and additional relevant technologies.
Key Market Trends
Mobile Games Occupies the Largest Market Share
– The mobile games segment of the market is expected to witness significant demand during the forecast period due to the country’s growing mobile gamers population. The majority of players are concentrated in tier-2 cities of China, such as Chengdu and Wuhan. According to the Game Committee of the Publishers Association of China, the share of sales revenue of the mobile games in the gaming industry in China reached 68.5% in FY2019, from 62.5% in FY2018. The availability of affordable smartphones is further likely to prompt a shift from the current feature of mobile phone users to smartphones.
– Further, according to SensorTower listing, the top 30 Chinese game publishers accounted for 26 percent of the global mobile gaming revenue for June 2020. Popular brands like Tencent and NetEase topped the charts while other familiar names include Lilith Games, FunPlus, Lingxi Games, etc.
– Game publishers and developers are catering towards emerging markets consumers by releasing lite versions of games that can run on phones with less processing power (i.e., cheaper phones). This broadens the reach of the specific title by making the game more accessible to consumers who might not be able to afford the fastest, best mobile phones.
– Game Research & Development (R&D) and operations, especially for mobile games, are expected to become more dependent on the cloud in the future. Also, game server hosting service to Chinese online/mobile games with a presence outside China is trending. Mobile gaming is dominant, especially an opportunity for cloud hosting services, like Ucloud, since China is the leader in terms of smartphone sales as well as production.
– Further, the affordable mobile internet and the advent of advanced mobile infrastructure, such as the upcoming 5G technology, are expected to further fuel the country’s mobile gaming market.
Rise of Cloud Gaming and 5G to Drive the Market
– Cloud gaming is expected to be the fastest-growing game industry sector in China and has accumulated significant momentum. For instance, CloudUnion reportedly has a subscriber base of 20 million, which signifies cloud gaming’s bright prospects in the country. Also, the strong compatibility of cloud gaming with IPTV and the existing technical constraints on the flow encircle the game’s potential market on-demand to households in China.
– Moreover, some of the investments and collaborations taking place to extend and expand the gaming services in China are expected to fuel the market demand. For instance, Kalydo, one of the prominent gaming service providers and Shanghai-based Chi Yu games, launched the Speed Kingdom, a new generation of 3D MMO racing online games. By leveraging Kalydo’s cloud game service, players can initiate the gaming process in a very short period, without needing any heavy downloads and lengthy installation process.
– Recently, China passed a law restricting spending limits for under 18s on gaming to between USD 28 to USD 57 a month. The regulation has been passed to address “poor academic performance across a broad swath of society” amongst youths and tackle video game addiction issues. The spending limit focuses on microtransactions and DLC (Downloadable Content), and with the adoption of the cloud, the subscription-based model caters to the new opportunity for growth.
– Further, technologies such as 5G are also driving the mobile-based VR gaming market in the region. For instance, in May 2020, Archiact has announced a partnership with Migu, a telecom provider China Mobile subsidiary, for Archiact’s games that would be the first VR games o be playable via Migu’s 5G cloud gaming platform, named as Migu Quick Gaming. Also, by partnering with Migu, Archiact states that it can work together to build the future of 5G VR cloud gaming, thus making VR even more accessible.
Get Flat 20% Discount on This Report at:
Chinese Gaming Industry Market report studies the market in-depth and provides an all-inclusive analysis of the key growth factors, Chinese Gaming Industry market share, latest trends, key players, and their projections for the future. Also, Chinese Gaming Industry Market report provides growth rate, market demand, and supply, the market potential for each geographical region. The analysis provides an exhaustive investigation of the market along with the future projections to assess the investment feasibility. Furthermore, the report includes both quantitative and qualitative analyses of the Chinese Gaming Industry Market throughout the forecast period. This report analyses the impact of the COVID-19 on the Chinese Gaming Industry market share in the short and long term.
At the beginning of 2021, COVID-19 disease began to spread around the world, millions of people worldwide were infected with COVID-19 disease, and major countries around the world have implemented foot prohibitions and work stoppage orders. Except for the medical supplies and life support products industries, most industries have been greatly impacted, and Chinese Gaming Industry industries have also been greatly affected. With the slowdown in world economic growth, the Chinese Gaming Industry industry has also suffered a certain impact, but still maintained a relatively optimistic growth, the past four years, Chinese Gaming Industry market size to maintain the average annual growth rate of 15 from 2015 to 2021, in the next few years, Chinese Gaming Industry market size will be further expanded, we expect that by 2027.
The Study Objectives of Chinese Gaming Industry Market Report Are:
- Focuses on the key Chinese Gaming Industry manufacturers, to study the sales, value, market share, and development plans in the future.
- Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
- To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application, and region.
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high-growth segments.
- To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
- To identify significant market trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
Browse the Full report description and TOC at:
The report further offers a dashboard overview of leading companies encompassing their successful marketing strategies, market contribution, and recent developments in both historic and present contexts. The report provides a detailed evaluation of the market by highlighting information on different aspects which include drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats. This information can help stakeholders to make appropriate decisions before investing.
We Offer Customization on report based on specific client Requirement:
– Free country Level analysis for any 5 countries of your choice.
– Free Competitive analysis of any 5 key market players.
– Free 40 analyst hours to cover any other data point.
MarketInsightsReports provides syndicated market research on industry verticals including Healthcare, Information, and Communication Technology (ICT), Technology and Media, Chemicals, Materials, Energy, Heavy Industry, etc. MarketInsightsReports provides global and regional market intelligence coverage, a 360-degree market view which includes statistical forecasts, competitive landscape, detailed segmentation, key trends, and strategic recommendations.
Irfan Tamboli (Head of Sales)-Market Insights Reports
Phone: + 1704 266 3234 | Mob: +91-750-707-8687