The Sentinel welcomes letters and guest columns from readers.
The Sentinel reserves the right to edit all letters for style, space, libel and grammar. The Sentinel reserves the right to print any submission as a letter or guest column. Submission does not guarantee publication.
The Sentinel’s Standard Guidelines for Guest Columns
- Guest columns should be between 500 and 750 words.
- Columns must take a stand; take a defensible position and defend it. Be clear and to the point.
- Submission does not guarantee publication. Publication is solely at the editor’s discretion.
- Columns will be edited – nothing personal. The Sentinel uses the Associated Press (AP) Style book as our guide.
- Columns are usually selected based on campus concerns, local Kennesaw/Cobb County issues, Georgia issues, national and world issues (in that order). Columns concerning KSU issues are always given priority. If it is something you are thinking about, others at KSU are probably also thinking about it.
- Don’t be boring.
- Columns, letters and the Opinion section are not for personal vendettas, attacks on individuals (except for public figures) or on specific businesses.
- The Sentinel believes in transparency. Anonymous columns or letters will not be accepted.
- The Sentinel owns any work we publish and reserves the right to republish and promote.
- Staff of The Sentinel and KSU Student Media may not submit guest columns.
Questions? Contact the Opinion Editor
Note: The views and opinions expressed in columns and commentary are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of The Sentinel, KSU Student Media, Kennesaw State University, or the Georgia Board of Regents.