Contact Linda Purvis - Boat Captain Recruitment Coordinator
WE NEED BOAT CAPTAIN VOLUNTEERS FOR THE 2017 GREAT LAKE ALLATOONA CLEANUP!
Boat captain volunteers are needed for this year's Great Lake Allatoona Cleanup. The cleanup event is on September 30, 2017 from 8:30am to noon, and is followed by a Volunteer Appreciation Picnic from noon to 2:00pm at Riverside Day Use Park in Cartersville. There will be FREE FOOD, an educational expo, and entertainment at the picnic for all volunteers.
For more information about the Great Lake Allatoona Cleanup Annual event, please visit:
BOAT CAPTAIN REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Provide an adequate boat for use during the cleanup
- Provide a Coast Guard-Approved life jacket for all persons on the boat
- We will provide $25.00 gas card after cleanup to help defray cost of fuel
- Must have a functioning mobile phone
- Vessel must meet all GA DNR requirements (life jackets, fire extinguisher, throw cushion, etc.)
- Only persons allowed to ride are those whom have signed the waiver
- All people must wear life jackets on boat including captain while on boat
You will ferry people from the assigned pick up site to their group designated cleanup site. You may be asked to stay with them or get another group. You will retrieve the same group you took out. Starting sites will be most marinas and some day use areas. Please tell us your preferred section of the lake.
If you have any questions about becoming a boat captain volunteer, please contact Linda Purvis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE LOOK FORWARD SEEING YOU THERE!